Ronke Oshodi Oke laments the attempt on her daughter’s life, how she was poisoned in school
Nollywood actress Ronke Oshodi Oke accuses her daughter’s school of negligence after her daughter was poisoned by her friends.
Ronke claims that she received an emergency call at 3:45 am three weeks prior, telling her that her daughter was hospitalized for ingesting bleach. Ronke Oshodi Oke arrived at the hospital to find her daughter crying, disorganized, and in distress.
Ronke believes that it is unclear how her daughter consumed hypo but suspects her daughter’s roommates or friends may be responsible.
She had provided her daughter with a non-transparent water bottle for school use, and her daughter drank from it using a straw, making it possible for her not to notice the poisoned content.
In her words;
“About 3 weeks ago, they called me around 3:45 am to say that my daughter Jummy drank hypo. I went to the school, and I met her crying; she wasn’t herself. It seems like her friends kept hypochlorite in her water to kill her. They poured it inside her bottle, which I gave her. I intentionally do not want to mention the name of the school because I don’t want to ruin it,” she said in the Yoruba language.