Fish farming is one of the most lucrative farming business in Nigeria but we will only be talking about the benefit of fish farming in this article.
Benefits Of Fish Farming:
1. Fish grows very fast, it possible for farmers to boost the fastness of the fish growth by giving them certain feeds, ensuring that you harvest and market within short time period.
2. Fish farming is extremely profitable. With proper preparation and decent direction, N3 million investment in fish farming could easily result to N4 million of pure gain within six months
3.Fish sells quicker than any other animal products in the market and is comparatively more affordable than meats, which makes it the number one choice when it comes to affordability.
4. Fishery products is by far the hottest animal products on the market, constituting more than 60% of meat produce from the Nigerian market.
5. Fish is the biggest source of Omega-3 fatty acids that’s extremely beneficial to human heart; Omega-3 can help to keep our heart and brain quite healthy. Since human body doesn’t produce Omega-3 fatty acids, the sole source through which we can get it is by what we consume, that is where fish comes to the rescue.
6. Fish is among the maximum source of protein. Fish is also quite rich in phosphorus and calcium and is just a fantastic source of minerals, such as magnesium, iron, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.
7. Fish farm does not lead to any environmental danger. Unlike poultry farming, you can set up fish farm anywhere, including residential areas. In case you have a specious compound, you can easily set up a little fish farm inside your backyard without any regulatory precaution.