Nigerians are known to have their way with words especially using pidgin English. These are some hilarious pidgin Eglish proverbs.
Here are a few Nigerian pidgin proverbs and their translations;
1. “Today’s newspaper na suya paper for tomorrow”
Meaning: No position is permanent in the long run
2. “I get am before no be property”
Meaning: You need to live in the present, not the past.
3. “If life dey show you pepper, make pepper soup”
Meaning: Always look out for the best things from the bad struggles
4. “Answer your papa name”
Meaning: Speak for yourself and only you.
5. “Na from clap dance dey start”
Meaning: It’s the tiny things you do today that leads to the big ones you do later on
6. “You no fit collect water wey dem use make eba”
Meaning: Don’t cry over spilt milk
7. “The matter wey you no want baba to hear, na im go settle am last last”
Meaning: Everything you’re hiding in secret will come out eventually.
8. “The difference between kpekere and plantain chips na packaging”
Meaning: The way you put yourself together matters a whole lot
9. No matter how your tempa hot reach, you no fit use am boil beans
Meaning: Your hot temper won’t get you anywhere
10. If person too tey for party, e go follow dem dey wash plate
Meaning: Never overstay your welcome
11. Akara and moi-moi get the same parent na wetin dey pass tru make dem different
Meaning: The finish line is the ultimate judge
Ad—Finally Exposed! How I Make A Six Figure Income Online Monthly Legitimately. See Proofs And How..Click Here
Ad—Looking For A Lucrative Business Idea? Start A Mini Importation Business. CLICK Here To Get The Step By Step Guide On How To Start A Lucrative Mini Importation Business With As Low As N15,000.
Ad—For Cheap And Affordable Bulk Sms Services, Visit www.cheapestbulksms4u.com. Forget SMS Failures, Enjoy Speed, Get 3 Seconds Delivery Rate, Delivers To Both DND and Non-DND numbers. Click Here
Ad—How To Open Paypal Account That Can RECEIVE & SEND Funds Without Limits/Restrictions! Click Here For Details!