Bed bugs are the very small insect that sucks human blood. They are often present across the mattress side, on mattress, furniture, sofa, curtains, within the cracks on walls and some other dark location. The survival of bed bugs is based entirely on individual blood. Always keeping your house clean and neat does not indicate that your property is bug free; they’re tiny animals and will make their way through garments, bag etc. once in house they will discover dark place to conceal themselves and attack largely at night causing bed bug allergy.
Bed bug will give you restless nights and if you are allergic to them they may further leave you sick. Bed bugs usually bite on arms, neck, face, foot as these areas are uncovered.
Symptoms of bed bug allergy
The symptoms of bed bug allergy may range from mild to severe. If you are repeatedly bitten by the bugs then the symptoms may worsen.
- High fever
- Redness of skin
- Skin rash
- Swollen tongue
- Raised skin bums
- Difficulty in breathing
However, these symptoms tend to disappear in a week or two. Insomnia, anaphylaxis and anaemia occur only if there is constant repetition of bug bites.
Symptoms of bug bites are often mistaken as those of mosquitoes or other insects, it’s important to find out whether you have been bitten by bug bites or not.
Remedies For Bed Bug Bites
- As soon as you are bitten by the bugs wash that area with lukewarm water.
- Applying the paste of powdered oatmeal will also give some sort of relief.
- Make a paste of baking soda and salt and apply it to the affected area or the rash area. Keep it for few minutes or unlit it gets dried and wash it with lukewarm water.
- You can also try by applying lemon juice to the affected area.
- Make a paste of baking soda and salt and apply it to the affected areas. This helps in relieving the inflammation.
- Frequently wash the rash area with anti bacterial soap or apply anti bacterial ointment on the affected area. This assists in reducing bacterial level and causing infection.