It has been almost 12 years since Viktor &Rolf first released Flowerbomb, but what do you really know about this wildly popular perfume? This grenade-shaped perfume bottle was a complete change to the typical scents that had dominated throughout the 1990s and early 2000s.
It was a scent bomb of florally, feminine odours that was both musky and sweet. Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren weren’t concerned with what the market looked like at the time, they did what they always do: follow their gut. They cast aside the idea of the unisex CK scents and ignored the citrusy fragrances that had come to the fore.
It’s safe to say that they made the right choice as its popularity has continued to grow over the last decade.
So, here are 10 things you didn’t know about the popular fragrance.
1. The first aspect of the product to be conceived was actually the name rather than the scent. They wanted a name that would explode onto the market and they certainly found it in Flowerbomb and once they had the name in place they started to work on that signature scent.
2. Viktor and Rolf spent three years creating their masterpiece before they settled on the finished product it went through around 500 different variations of scents and fine tuning. For comparison, they spend around three months or so creating a fashion line, so you can see just how much work went into producing the perfect fragrance.
3. The diamond grenade shaped bottle did cause quite a stir for airport security. In fact, in 2006 Norway’s Oslo Airport banned the product from their duty-free shops to prevent security panics.
4. There are just four floral notes making up the body of this scent and they have created a fragrance that is sweet, fresh, and addictive. Despite that, the finished scent isn’t as powerful floral as the name would suggest. Floral scents can be dated so this is floral with a serious edge. It also contains jasmine, freesia, orchid, patchouli, tea, and bergamot.
5. They have never used a celebrity face to market or sell their product, although they do have one particular famous fan, who adores the perfume, in Tori Amos. The musician sang at the launch of the perfume, which was at their 2005 Spring Fashion Show and featured flower petals, that had been scented with the Flowerbomb fragrance, being released to fall onto the audience. She sang again at the fragrance’s 10-year anniversary. This just shows how loyal their fan base is.
6. There is something unique about the fragrance, in that there is no real top note, nor are there strict base or heart notes. This means that it is totally unique to each person who wears it. While many perfumes can brag the same effect, none quite hold the power of Flowerbomb. Its main ingredient is the Centifolia Rose, which is also sometimes referred to as a cabbage rose, it comes from Holland, which is the designers’ homeland
7. There is another exclusive aspect about Flowerbomb, one of its ingredients is completely unique to it and creates a sensation that is enveloping and opulent. This magical ingredient is India Osmanthus and it holds the power to transport you to another place. You will know all about how a certain smell can take you back in time to one precise moment and recapture exactly how you felt at the time? Well, this takes you on a mystical journey of another place, with feelings of comfort and happiness.
8. Flowerbomb was the first perfume created and released by Victor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren, their roots had been in couture fashion design. Though they have since collaborated with H&M, designing a fast fashion collection, they have only released three scents and their main focus continues to lay in their couture fashion.
9. It remains one of the top-selling fragrances in department stores across the world and in the UK a bottle is sold every few minutes. Millions of customers can’t be wrong considering the fragrance’s popularity for over a decade.
10. Now you can make it your own for less with voucher codes and discounts from http://www.voucherbin.co.uk/stores/house-of-fraser/. If Flowerbomb isn’t quite your style there is no need to worry as Viktor & Rolf have a variety of fragrances on offer and you are sure to find the perfect signature scent to add to your collection.
One thing you can be sure of is that Victor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb will continue to feature on the Top 10 lists of perfect perfumes to buy your partner for Christmas, birthday, anniversary, or just because. If you are ever in need of the ideal gift for the ladies in your life then look no further than this signature scent..