Some calories necessary for breast milk production are offered by body fat reserves that are laid down throughout the gestation. But for breastfeeding, extra calories have to give enough energy into the mom and also to furnish the requirements of the infant. Since the breastfeeding begins, the calorie demands slowly come back to the pre-pregnancy levels.Here are several breastfeeding diet for healthy milk production.
Breastfeeding diet for healthy milk production are:
1. A cup of tea or coffee every day is fine. Avoid having as much since it interrupts the infant’s sleep.
2. Opt for whole grains and cereals. Always eat fresh vegetables and fruits.
3. . Even chocolates, spices such as garlic, cinnamon, citrus fruits such as lemon, grapefruit, strawberries and leafy veggies such as cabbage, onion, radish and cucumbers aren’t liked by infants. Thus, exclude these things from your breastfeeding diet.
4.Look after the food which provide proteins, vitamins, calcium and iron.
5. Observe that food thing consumption interrupts the infant. If the infant stops having milk then realize that your breastfeeding diet isn’t healthy.
6. Nutritious food things such as broccoli, yogurt, carrot bread, margarine, tuna, steamed sprouts, paneer and leafy veggies.
7. Don’t have spicy food as the baby is dependent on you for food supply and the digestive system is also weak.
8. Prefer having low-fat dairy product to prevent gaining weight. Also avoid ghee intake.
9. Eat tropical fruits, tomatoes, berries, capsicum and potatoes as they provide vitamin C to the mother and the baby.
10. Always have dark green and yellow vegetables like broccoli, carrots and pumpkin as they are rich source of vitamin A.
11. For high protein intake, have meat, fish and chicken. Also eggs, cheese or yogurt, nuts and seeds are healthy.
12. Legumes like lentils, baked beans and split peas are rich in iron and protein.
13. Leafy green vegetables like spinach, cabbage and brussel sprouts are rich in folate.